Calcium requirement in children depends on age. The diet of children between 1 and 3 years of age should contain 500 mg of calcium per day. Children between 3 and 8 years should consume 800 mg per day, and older children and adolescents (9-18 years) as much as 1,300 mg (the norm for an adult is 1,000 mg).
The increased calcium requirement in children is a result of their active growth. Even a calcium-rich diet (dairy products, fish, legumes) does not always ensure appropriate levels of calcium. For example, a glass of milk corresponds to 60 % of calcium requirement of a young child whereas that number is merely 20 % for a teenager.
It is worth noting that an appropriate calcium intake in childhood and adolescence pays off in the future since the so-called peak bone mass is reached around the age of 30. Calcium ensures strong bones, lowering the risk for bone fracture or minor damage. Moreover, childhood is the period when our teeth are formed.
Calcium deficiencies – hypocalcaemia leads to many disorders in the body, osteoporosis and tetany, whose signs include a tingling sensation in the fingertips and around the mouth. Later symptoms include limb muscle cramping
The ingredients contained in the preparation:
- Calcium contributes to normal muscle function, neurotransmission, maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
- Phosphorus contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones, cartilage, gums, teeth, functioning of the nervous system, protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus, maintenance of normal bones, muscle function, normal teeth, function of the immune system.
- Vitamin A contributes to the normal function of the immune system and has a role in the process of cell specialisation.
- Zinc contributes to normal metabolism of vitamin A, contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, function of the immune system and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
TIENS Super Calcium Powder for Children 22.09.2020.pdf-multilabel